We usually aren’t too picky when it comes to what you need to have in order to use SCORM Cloud. In fact, all we really require of you is an internet connection. When it comes to using Dispatch, there are a couple of things we would like to make sure you have (or at least are aware of) to optimize your environment.
First things first. On the LMS side of things, they will need:
- Full support for adding, launching and tracking of SCORM compliant courses (SCORM 1.2), LTI 1.1 (Available through the SCORM Cloud UI), LTI 1.3 (Available through the SCORM Cloud API)
- Cross-Domain communication support, specifically the ability to access cloud.scorm.com and app.cloud.scorm.com
- Must support TLS 1.2
For the end user:
- Internet connection
- Modern browsers supported by the developer (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge)
You may also need to adjust your browser settings:
- Allow pop-up windows
- Depending on the end-user's browser and/or computer security settings, the end-user may have to add cloud.scorm.com and app.cloud.scorm.com as a trusted site in the browser
- If the deployed LMS launches courses in an iframe, third-party cookies must be enabled in the end-user's browser. However, we do have the ability to use an alternate mode of authentication that we call ‘Content Vault’. Content Vault uses a configurable set of details pulled from your user for authentication. Details here.
- 800 x 600 minimum screen resolution but we like 1024 x 600 or 1024 x 768 better :)
- In some scenarios, the client network may have to whitelist cloud.scorm.com and app.cloud.scorm.com
Your due diligence:
Below is a recommended Dispatch testing script.
- Create a test Dispatch for the client to upload into their LMS.
- Have them launch the course
- Go through a few slides and exit the course
- Re-launch the course and complete it. This will help identify any issues prior to the client assigning the courses to their users.
- On your end, you can check reporting to confirm whether or not the launching LMS is causing duplicate registrations to generate. This is a corner case but nonetheless something you should be on the look out for. Details on how to fix this issue here.
- Test in all browser the learners may use.