Versioning is best used when you want to make an updates, such as fix a typo or add more information, to a “live” course that already has registrations associated with it. You can also use versioning if you want to be able to seamlessly track multiple updates to a single course.
To create a new version of your course, just follow these steps:
- Log in to your SCORM Cloud account at cloud.scorm.com
- Choose the course you want to version from your Library
- Click ‘Choose File’ under Create New Version
- Choose your file for the new version of your course and click ‘Open’
- Choose when to move existing registrations to the latest version from the drop-down menu and click 'Save'. It's important to note that any progress against the previous version will be lost if moving existing registrations to the new version.
NOTE: If you do not want to lose that progress, select the "Never" option. Existing registrations will continue to access the old version and new registrations will see the new version.
*If you only need to switch out specific assets, with no structural changes to the course, you can look into updating your course via FTP. Details here.
*How to version when using Quizzage here.