We support the following browsers for both learner environments and to use the Content Controller user interface:
- Versions of Safari currently supported by the developer.
- Versions of Google Chrome currently supported by the developer.
- Versions of Firefox currently supported by the developer.
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge, currently supported by the developer.
When deploying your courses to 3rd party LMSs using Content Controller you’ll want to make sure your customers and their learners can access the content. Along with the browsers mentioned above you’ll want to make sure that your clients are all set to use the files you share from Content Controller in their learning environment.
First things first. On the LMS side of things, they will need:
1. Full support for adding, launching and tracking standardized content as one of the following:
- SCORM 1.2
- SCORM 2004 3rd Edition
- SCORM 2004 4th Edition
- LTI 1.1
- LTI 1.3
2. Cross-Domain communication support, specifically the ability to access the domain where your Content Controller application is deployed, which may require whitelisting that domain.
3. Support for TLS 1.2
For the end user/learner:
- Internet connection
- Modern supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS IE 11+, Edge as mentioned above)
Additional configuration settings may be required on the learner side to ensure that learners can launch the content that might include
- Ability to allow pop-up windows
- Depending on the end-user's browser and/or computer security settings, the end-user may have to add the domain of your Content Controller deployment as a trusted site in the browser
- The ability to accept third party cookies from your Content Controller interface is required by default to authenticate your users, however, we do have the ability to use an alternate mode of authentication that we call ‘Content Vault’. Content Vault uses a configurable set of details pulled from your user for authentication.
- 800 x 600 minimum screen resolution but we like 1024 x 600 or 1024 x 768 better :)