When you’re ready to share your courses with the world, you can create what we call an invitation. Fancy, right? An invitation is simply you inviting a learner to take your course. There are two different types of invitations to choose from: Public or Private.
A public invitation creates a URL that can be sent to anyone or posted on a website. Anyone with the link can experience your content, and when they launch your training, it counts as as a registration.
A private invitation generates a single registration for each learner that is emailed directly to them.
It’s important to note that with private registrations, the registration counts towards your total registrations when the user is invited, not when the user begins using your content.
To create an invitation, follow these steps:
- Log in to SCORM Cloud at cloud.scorm.com
- Choose the course you wish to share from your Library
- Click ‘Share' and select `Invite'
- Choose to send either a public or private invitation. Private invitations will require email addresses. You can also create a public invitation using email addresses by clicking “Add Recipients”
- Click “Create Invitation” . This opens up the invitation information page. Here you can snag the public URL to share with your learners. Just copy the URL and put it wherever you like. Anything within the brackets in the body of the email will be filled in (i.e. the [Description] is pulled from the imsmanifest.xml file in the course package).
- If the learner receives a public invitation, they will be challenged to enter their email and first/last name:
- If the learner receives a private invitation, they will receive an email with a link to "play course"
*In order to see all Private invitations in Reportage (including un-launched invitations), you'll need to change the date range criteria to include "Created Between Dates" .