If you’re having an issue receiving a postback, we have an API method for testing that can shed light on what may be happening. testRegistrationPostUrl provides a way to test a URL for posting registration results back to, as they would be posted when using the postbackurl in the createRegistration call. When called, an example registration result will be posted to the URL given, or else an error will be reported regarding why the post failed.
- Semantics: This method provides a way to test a URL for posting registration results back to, as they would be posted when using the postbackurl in the createRegistration call. When called, an example registration result will be posted to the URL given, or else an error will be reported regarding why the post failed.
- Required Arguments:
- appid : Your application id
- postbackurl : Specifies a URL for which to post activity and status data in real time as the course is completed
- If the authtype specified is form, or not included, then this status data is posted as 'data' (the key name) along with the other form variables. If the authtype is specified as httpbasic, then the data is HTTP POSTed as the body of the request. The data starts with the <registrationreport ... > element and uses the schema documented in getRegistrationResult
- Optional Arguments:
- authtype : Optional parameter to specify how to authorize against the given postbackurl, can be "form" or "httpbasic". If form authentication, the username and password for authentication are submitted as form fields "username" and "password", and the registration data as the form field "data". If httpbasic authentication is used, the username and password are placed in the standard Authorization HTTP header, and the registration data is the body of the message (sent as text/xml content type). This field is set to "form" by default.
- urlname : You can optionally specify a login name to be used for credentials when posting to the URL specified in postbackurl
- urlpass : If credentials for the postbackurl are provided, this must be included, it is the password to be used in authorizing the postback of data to the URL specified by postbackurl
- resultsformat : This parameter allows you to specify a level of detail in the information that is posted back while the course is being taken. It may be one of three values: "course" (course summary), "activity" (activity summary, or "full" (full detail), and is set to "course" by default. The information will be posted as xml, and the format of that xml is specified below under the method "getRegistrationResult"
- Example call: http://cloud.scorm.com/api?method=rustici.registration.testRegistrationPostUrl&appid=myappid&postbackurl=[encoded url](&authtype=form&urlname=iki&urlpass=secretish&resultformat=course&)
- Example response:
The documentation for testRegistrationPostUrl can be found here.
If you have any questions you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org