SCORM Cloud Reportage provides a simple snapshot of your learners’ activities, but sometimes you don’t want a picture of ALL your learners.
Want to know the completions of a specific department? The average score of learners within a specific geography?
By using the tagging feature in SCORM Cloud, you can pull customized reports in the Reportage screen. This allows you to exclude certain criteria and to pull data about isolated groups. With SCORM Cloud tagging, you can do this with only a few clicks. The key is to add appropriate tags to your learners, invitations, or Dispatch packages and then filter by those tags in Reportage.
That being said, we have found some idiosyncrasies when mixing the use of tagging in the SCORM Cloud web interface AND the API. We are aware of this issue and have it in the queue to fix in the future. For now, please note that we recommend using one tagging method OR the other. You can find more detailed notes below:
Tag from API (addLearnerTag)
- Tag will propagate into reportage immediately
- Does not require Learner to have a registration
Tag from Web Interface (via the People tab)
- Requires learner to create a registration (i.e. by launching a course)
- This registration will overwriteany previously-set tags from the API
Registration / Invitation Tags
Tag from API (Go here -- scroll down to addRegistrationTag)
- propagates to reportage immediately
Tag from Cloud Console
- Only accomplished by setting tags on an invitation
- User must launch course before tags show up in Reportage
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!